We’ve found that mixing antique barn wood panels with contemporary design elements infuses a sense of vintage glam into a space.
Here are seven ways it can be done…
1. Bathroom Entrance: Here we designed the entrance to our client’s master bath using a reclaimed barn wood door set on a slider. Notice the contrast between the rustic accents and bright white tile in the bathroom.
2. Bookcase Cover: Use a sliding barn door to cover part of a bookcase and instantly create a new look.
3. Kitchen Door: A modern kitchen turns eclectic with the addition of the vintage barn door and the brick wall.
4. Kitchen Table: Instead of using it as a door, turn it into a kitchen table.
5. Kitchen Island: or build an island and add an antique feel to the entire space.
6. Cabinets and Walls: If you can score enough reclaimed barn wood and give it a white-washed finish, use it for cabinets or even the entire wall.
7. The Whole Shebang: Except for the countertops and stainless steel appliances, nearly every surface in this kitchen features reclaimed wood.
Check the blog next week for more photos of our recent projects and inspiration for your space.
Until then, follow us on Instagram to see what we’re up to now.